Head Start and Early Head Start
Enroll your child in one of our child care programs and prepare them for kindergarten. Early Head Start is for children up to and including 2 years old. TAP Head Start is a preschool program for children 3 and 4 years old.
How to Apply
Please call us at 540.767.6091 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your child.
About TAP Head Start
Head Start and Early Head Start programs include important education and learning skills as well as health services and screenings, teaches good eating habits and manners, supports parents, and promotes physical activity.
Our program offers:
- Free preschool, infant, and toddler care
- Nutritious meals
- Health and dental screenings
- Items such as diapers and formula are provided
- Care for special needs or English language-learners
- Each family is provided with a Whole Family Advocate (WFA) who connects families to school, jobs, transportation, and housing resources. The WFA also provides assistance with resume writing, and items that make it possible for parents to go to work such as books, uniforms, shoes, and more.
- Services and resources for pregnant women. To find out more about our Pregnant Women’s Program call 540.767.6094 or email email@example.com.
Services are available for the children’s families, guiding the parents toward playing a bigger part in their child’s growth, as well as services for pregnant mothers to make sure a child’s health and development start out well.
About TAP Early Head Start
Full-day programs are offered in the following areas of southwest Virginia:
- Alleghany County
- Buena Vista City
- Covington City
- Lexington City
- Roanoke County
- Roanoke City
- Rockbridge County
- Salem City
- Botetourt County
- Craig County
We also work with partners in Montgomery, Giles, and Pulaski counties for families interested in Early Head Start programs in the New River Valley.