Domestic Violence Services
TAP Domestic Violence Services helps those suffering from abuse. If your intimate partner is abusive to you, your children, or someone else in the household, or if someone you know is being abused, we can help with the following:
- Emergency assistance and emergency transportation
- Emergency relocation assistance
- 24/7 Emergency Hotline
- Crisis intervention
- Legal advocacy
- Court preparation and accompaniment
- Peer-to-peer support group
- Education and outreach programs for the community
What is domestic abuse?
Intimate partner domestic violence includes:
- Physical Abuse – ranging from shoving, slapping, punching and stabbing
- Psychological, Financial, Sexual Abuse – including financial abuse, threats or other verbal abuse.
- The abuser uses power and control to intimidate, isolate, threaten, blame, and coerce.
What to do if you think abuse has occurred
If you think you’ve been abused, or that someone you know may be being abused, please call or text the TAP-DVS hotline at 540-580-0775.
For after-hours emergencies
- Call or text (540) 580‑0775. A crisis advocate is available evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays at the emergency number.
- Our daytime telephone number is (540) 283‑4813.
- Hearing-impaired persons can contact us using Virginia Relay. Just dial 7-1-1 and give the Virginia Relay Communications Assistant the number you need to reach.
Find out more
If you are curious to know more about how our Domestic Violence Services can help you or your family, please contact us. You may also qualify for other TAP programs.
Our staff are available 24/7 by hotline, so please call/text us any time at (540) 580-0775 for emergencies, or (540) 283‑4813 during the daytime. You can also send us an email by completing the form below.