Free Tax Clinic
January 21 @ 10:00 am - April 16 @ 4:00 pm
FILE YOUR TAXES FOR FREE
TAP’s IRS-certified volunteers provide this free service with electronic filing to taxpayers making less than $55,000 per year. All you have to do is bring your documentation, and we’ll do the rest.
Our Tax Clinic will begin accepting calls to schedule appointments on January 21 between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Tax returns will be filed from January 27 until April 16, with limited appointment availability between March 20 and April 16.
Taxpayers are assisted by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Drop-off service is also available, with returns prepared in 48 hours.
WHERE TO FIND US
The Tax Clinic is located at 108 Henry Street in downtown Roanoke, VA, on the 1st floor of the Dumas Center.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITIN) for you, your spouse, and/or dependents
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for all on the tax return
- For married filing jointly, both spouses must be present
- All forms W-2, W-2G, 1099 and 1098
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns
- Proof of bank account and routing information if choosing direct deposit of refund (e.g. voided check)
- Total paid to daycare provider and the provider’s tax ID
- Health insurance exemption certificate, if received
- All forms 1095 health insurance statements
For more information or to make an appointment, contact us at 540.283.4804 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TAP’s Tax Clinic is funded by the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs.