- This event has passed.
Youth Employment Program Enrollment: May 19 – June 30
May 19, 2021 @ 8:30 am - June 30, 2021 @ 4:30 pm
Y.A.L.E., one of our Youth Employment Programs, is currently enrolling for their next course!
What is Y.A.L.E.?
Young Adult Life Enhancement (Y.A.L.E.) helps past or present court-involved young adults, ages 18-24, become self-sufficient, engaged citizens. Participants are paid while they learn valuable life skills and earn certifications.
What does Y.A.L.E. offer?
Y.A.L.E. offers its participants:
- Customer service and sales certification
- Access to additional certifications, such as CNA, ServSafe, and more
- Job-readiness skills
- Paid work experience and/or apprenticeships
- Community-based service-learning projects
- Assistance acquiring a high school diploma or GED
- One-on-one mentoring
- Weekly stipend of $125
- Life skills training
How to apply for our Youth Employment program
You can sign up for this course at:
Roanoke Higher Education Center
108 North Jefferson Street, Suite 513
Roanoke, VA 24016
Hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., and signups will be available until June 30.
Please bring two (2) of the following forms of identification:
- Social security card (Required)
- Birth certificate
- Copy of photo ID/driver’s license
- Green card/passport
The following documents are also required:
- Criminal justice involvement verification
- Proof of address
For more information, visit our Facebook page or contact us at 540.797.3683.