Description: The Tax Clinic provides free income tax preparation and filing to eligible taxpayers. Using drop-off and virtual services, the Tax Clinic also screens all clients for valuable tax credits such as the Earned Income Tax Credit.
o Must complete IRS Tax Law training and Tax Preparation System training (18+ hours both online & in person) at your own pace, before certification deadline
- Screening taxpayers for service eligibility;
- Completing intake process through interviewing clients prior to collecting information;
- Ensuring tax returns are accurate and without errors by verifying tax documents and supporting documentation;
- Confirming client forms are complete and ready for intake;
- Answering intake and eligibility questions by text, phone, and email;
- Helping to maintain a healthy and safe flow of clients
Dates and times available:
o Opportunity is available mid-January through April 15th or the federal filing deadline
o Training begins mid-November annually
o These volunteer opportunities are available in three-hour shifts. At the beginning of each year, the beginning and ending dates for volunteer opportunities will be posted on the Volunteer page at www.tapintohope.org/volunteer.