Description: Roanoke Mentoring is designed to match children with a mentor for a year. Mentors will provide mentees with fun community outings, homework help, and other fun activities. Tomorrow’s Leaders and Tomorrow’s Junior Leaders foster a fun and safe environment for children to focus on learning leadership skills, team-building skills, and community engagement.
- Roanoke Mentoring requires all volunteers and mentors to complete CPS & Criminal Background checks
- Roanoke Mentoring will allow youth 16-17 years old to volunteer with parental consent
- Mentoring a student for 1 year;
- Meeting with mentees for four hours each month at various locations; and
- Hanging out and building rapport with mentees to help with goal setting & homework, employment goals, etc.
- Assisting with crafts and other projects as needed.
Dates and times available
- Monday–Friday: 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (schedule to be coordinated with Program Leader)
- Monday–Friday: 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (schedule to be coordinated with Program Leader)