Domestic Violence Services (DVS)
DVS works with all survivors of domestic violence, regardless of identity. This program assists with crisis intervention, safety planning, housing, court advocacy, and more.
** Confidentiality is extremely important for this program. Volunteers may see clients that they know. **
- *Must pass background check*
- DVS requires all volunteers to complete a Criminal Background check if working directly with clients or filing documents
- DVS requires volunteers to commit to at least 10 hours
DVS will allow youth 12-17 years old to volunteer with parental consent
- Arranging furniture donations.
- Organizing storage unit and clothing closet;
- Organizing client-centered events, clothing donations, and food distributions;
- Posting flyers and distributing outreach materials within the community;
- Searching for grants and donations;
- Helping in community civic events;
- Cleaning and decorating DVS Center; and
- Looking after children during group therapy and support groups
Dates and times available:
Monday–Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with flexible timing (schedule to be coordinated with Program Leader). Training would take 1–2 hours on location or virtually.
Group Therapy and Support Group:
Tuesdays: 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Trauma and Domestic Violence training would take 2+ hours on location or virtually.