TAP Books Associate
- Department: Financial Services
- Posting Date: 1/3/2020
- Closing Date: Open until filled
- Salary: $11.00 per hour
- Code: TBA- TVW
- Non-Exempt Part-Time (20 hours per week)
JOB TITLE: TAP Books Associate
COMPONENT: Financial Services
SALARY: $11.00 per hour
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt Part-Time (20 hours per week)
DEFINITION AND PURPOSE:
The TAP Books Associate assists with all aspects of the TAP Books program. Pre–scan book to identify books for online sales (Sort books as instructed). Use online book sales software to list books and process orders in an organized manner. The Books Associate will also have the ability to ship and return orders as necessary. Pull orders of sold books and pack them for shipping. Must respond quickly and provide excellent customer service. Pay within advertised range commensurate with demonstrated task proficiency and the assigned mix of higher-skill responsibilities.
Supervised by: TAP Office Manager
Coordinates with: Warehouse Manager, TAP Books Associates
▪ Pre–scan books and other media to identify items suitable for online sales.
▪ Examine and sort books and media into various categories.
▪ Enter items (books and other media) into online sales management system and be able to coordinate with other staff to do this work.
▪ Pack, unpack, and relocate boxes and pallets of books for processing.
▪ When needed, assist with drop-off or pick-up of donations, including hand loading boxes of donated books.
▪ Provide excellent customer service.
▪ Fulfill orders from various online marketplaces.
▪ Meet production goals, maintain productivity and support the overall operations of the Books Project.
▪ Preferred: Occasionally drive truck or van to make pickups of donations (if licensed and insurable).
▪ Performs other duties as assigned and required.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
▪ Positive work history preferred.
▪ Preference will be given to individuals able to be insured to drive TAP vehicles and willing to drive for donation pickups requiring load/unloading of heavy boxes.
▪ Ability to use pallet jack.
▪ Warehouse or production experience preferred.
▪ Ability to obtain forklift certification preferred.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
▪ Ability to use all books related software (Amazon, eBay & Indaba)
▪ Ability to work effectively managing competing priorities in tight deadlines
▪ Interpersonal skills required.
▪ Strong desire to see outcome driven results
▪ Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers
▪ Strongly Preferred: Reliable transportation and a valid Virginia Operator’s license with a good driving record for insurance purposes.
▪ TAP is a mandatory COVID vaccine employer.
▪ Must pass drug screening. This position also requires favorable complete background screening including: health, criminal, sex offender and child protective services.
▪ Drivers may be required to take and pass a defensive driving course.
▪ Capable of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering and grasping.
▪ Capable of heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently, and or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects (occasional lifting of heavy boxes from one cart to another).
▪ Conditions subject to in this position – environmental conditions; protection from weather conditions but not necessary from temperature changes; outside conditions; no effective protection from the weather; subject to both environmental conditions; activities occur inside and outside; worker subject to hazards, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts or moving vehicles.
This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job, and general nature and level of work associated with the job. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties that may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments such an individual may be given.
Every TAP employee shares in TAP’s responsibility to “Mobilize Community Resources” in support of TAP’s anti-poverty efforts.
TAP hires only U.S. Citizens and lawfully authorized aliens.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Bilinguals Encouraged to Apply
Job Title: TAP Books Associate