Senior Staff Accountant
- Department: Finance
- Posting Date: 7/22/22
- Closing Date: Open until filled
- Salary: $35,000-$45,000/YR
- Code: SSA-FIN
DEFINITION AND PURPOSE:
Functions in a bookkeeping/accounting role to coordinate and provide accurate and timely financial information to the component directors and managers, members of administration and external funding sources.
Supervised by: CFO
Supervises: No One
Coordinates with: Finance and administrative staff, component directors and managers
- Prepares journal entries, perform analytical research and provide whatever other assistance is necessary to prepare monthly financial reports.
- Provides accurate and timely financial information to program directors and managers to aid in their decision making.
- Provides help and financial information as needed to auditors and program monitors.
- Prepares accurate and timely financial reports for funding sources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles and fund accounting.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey financial concepts to non-financial personnel.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work with financial software.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree in accounting or equivalent experience totaling not less than 4 years experience in bookkeeping or accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in accounting preferred.
- Valid Virginia Operator’s license and reliable transportation.
- TAP is a mandatory COVID vaccine employer.
- Must pass drug screening. Some positions require positive complete background screening including: criminal, sex offender and child protective services.
- Physical activity of this position: use of fingers for – picking, pinching and typing; talking and hearing.
- Physical requirements of this position: sedentary work – exerting up to 10 lbs. of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Visual acuity requirements: requires close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- This position has the ability to be performed remotely. Remote work will need Director approval.
This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job, and general nature and level of work associated with the job. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties that may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments such an individual may be given.
Every TAP employee shares in TAP’s responsibility to “Mobilize Community Resources” in support of TAP’s anti-poverty efforts.
TAP hires only U.S. Citizens and lawfully authorized aliens.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Bilinguals Encouraged to Apply