On Call Receptionist
- Department: Executive
- Posting Date: 1/6/2020
- Closing Date: Open until filled
- Salary: $9.00/hr.
- Code: HR- OCR
- Hours and days will vary.
DEFINITION AND PURPOSE:
Responsible for performing a variety of receptionist and administrative duties in support of the efficient and effective operation of TAP. Staff the main switchboard (front office) and serve as the first point of contact for all visitors and phone calls to the Agency. Perform other office related tasks such as typing, greeting customers, stamping and distributing mail and entering and tracking data into the computer.
Supervised by: Director of Human Resources
Supervises: No One
Coordinates with: TAP Staff, Management Team, Vendors, Visitors, Board of Directors, and all TAP employees
- Performs duties of Switchboard Operator (answering a multi-line, busy system).
- Answers and direct all calls and take messages, as needed.
- Pick up mail daily from post office; stamps and distribute mail daily and run month end postage reports.
- Processes all invoices in a timely manner.
- Receives, tracks and monitors employment applications and enters data into Excel.
- Orders and maintain office and mailroom supplies.
- Distributes and/or post job vacancies to various departments.
- Receives, tracks and monitors UPS/FedEx/Express packages.
- Print out all applications/resumes that come through jobs website and forward to HR Asst.
- Performs other duties as assigned and required.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good working knowledge of computer applications (Word, Excel, Internet).
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Detail oriented.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Ability to maintain accurate records in an organized manner.
- Good communication skills, professionalism and team work.
- Good work ethic.
- Good attendance.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Resourceful and organized.
- Strong attention to detail and maintain confidentiality.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Virginia Operator’s license with a good driving record and reliable transportation.
- Must pass drug screening. Some positions require positive complete background screening including: criminal, sex offender and child protective services.
- Physical activity of this position – stooping, reaching, walking, use of fingers for – picking, pinching, and typing; grasping, feeling, hearing, talking, hearing, repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Physical requirements of this position – sedentary work; exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects; work involves sitting most of the time.
- Visual acuity requirements – close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; must have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle and/or heavy equipment.
- Conditions subject to in this position – worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job, and general nature and level of work associated with the job. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties that may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments such an individual may be given.
Every TAP employee shares in TAP’s responsibility to “Mobilize Community Resources” in support of TAP’s anti-poverty efforts.
TAP hires only U.S. Citizens and lawfully authorized aliens.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Bilinguals Encouraged to Apply