- Department: Property Management
- Posting Date:
- Closing Date: Open until filled
- Salary: $9/hr.
- Code: MP-PMM
DEFINITION AND PURPOSE:
The Maintenance Porter has the primary responsibility for activities used in preparing apartments and properties for tenants.
Supervised by: Residential Property Manager
Supervises: No one
Coordinates with: Residential Property Manager and Lead Maintenance Technician
- Follows cleaning procedures.
- Cleans building hallways, laundry rooms, community rooms, building grounds and other common areas
- Delivers Notices to Residents as requested.
- Accompanies Contractors while on the property.
- Keeps work and storage space clean.
- Performs all duties safely in assigned work areas.
- Reports needed repairs to supervisor daily.
- Makes reports on apartments and properties as needed.
- Follows all environmental procedures and policies.
- Paints vacant apartments, hallways, and buildings as required.
- Assists with repairs, and HVAC systems.
- Assists with snow removal.
- Assists with evictions or abandonment of apartments by removing apartment dwellings.
- Performs other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of cleaning methods, materials and tools or equipment used in cleaning surfaces. Some knowledge of painting wood, metal, plaster or sheetrock surfaces.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of general maintenance equipment.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions in the workplace.
- Some knowledge of simple carpentry, electrical and mechanical practices.
- Willing to alter working hours.
- Willing to attend meetings as necessary.
- Ability to communicate with staff/clients of various social/ethnic/economic backgrounds.
- Able to work in a teamwork environment.
- Knowledge of the qualities of various paints, varnishes, shellac and enamel.
- Ability to maintain simple financial records.
- Ability to understand and follow simple oral and written instructions.
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs and to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be physically able to perform job duties.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required and experience in building cleaning, maintenance, and painting.
- Must have a valid Virginia Operator’s license with a good driving record and reliable transportation.
- Must pass drug screening.
- Physical activity of this position – climbing; ascending and descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like; balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, use of fingers for – picking, pinching and typing; grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Physical requirements of this position – medium work; exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual acuity requirements – visual acuity to perform an activity such as operates machines, such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performs mechanical or skilled trade tasks of a non-repetitive nature, such as carpenter, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.; visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment.
- Conditions subject to in this position – both environmental conditions; activities occur inside and outside
If position requires tools, TAP will purchase the needed tools. The employee using the tools will be responsible for the care/maintenance of the tools. If any tool(s) are damaged or malfunctions, the employee will return the tool(s) to the TAP office for replacement. If the tool(s) are lost, TAP will replace the first tool(s) lost, however the employee using the tool(s) will be responsible for replacing any tool(s) lost after the first one(s) are replaced.
This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job, and general nature and level of work associated with the job. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties whose performance may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments such an individual may be given.
Every TAP employee shares in TAP’s responsibility to “Mobilize Community Resources” in support of TAP’s anti-poverty efforts.
TAP hires only U.S. Citizens and lawfully authorized aliens.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Bilinguals Encouraged to Apply