- Department: Human Resources
- Posting Date: 3/23/2021
- Closing Date: Open until filled
- Salary: $13.00 - $16.00/Hourly
- Code: HIC - HR
- After probationary period, 32 hours per week; day off each week may vary.
DEFINITION AND PURPOSE:
Administer TAP’s employee insurance programs, workman’s compensation, and FMLA administration.
Supervised by: Human Resources Director
Supervises: No one
Coordinates with: Human Resources Director, Finance, Human Resources and TAP Staff
RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides insurance orientations, enrollments, claims processing and self-billings of insurance plans. Processes and maintains all status changes/additions and pay changes, both on computer and with insurance plans in a timely manner.
- Prepares and maintains employee benefits files, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentiality.
- Updates and maintains employee insurance benefits files/records regarding the tracking and ensuring updates to employees’ applicable insurance plans as changes take place for the employee. Will ensure that payroll has needed paperwork to ensure changes/additions are completed in timely manner.
- Handles and coordinates all employee health/benefits incentive programs.
- Assists employees with questions, concerns of health, and other insurance benefits as needed.
- Implements new employee insurance programs, arranges and conducts employee information presentations and enrollments and sets up representatives from insurance companies as requested. Prepares and sets up meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand such insurance benefits and other incentive programs.
- Verifies the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance plans and resolves administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
- Maintains files of all insurances plans (plan summaries) and annually and purges files as needed.
- Assists in obtaining enrollment proposals from insurance carriers annually for open enrollment periods, with help from management.
- Masks must be worn while conducting TAP business or in a TAP facility
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Confidentiality is critical in all areas of Human Resources at all times.
- Able to multi-task, being able to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Ability to create and type correspondence, type reports, and newsletters.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel experience crucial).
- Good oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to learn repetitive tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to communicate with people professionally in potentially stressful situations.
- Must be able to work in a diversified environment
- Must have compassion for all and for the agency.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS graduate or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- Must have minimum 2-4 years insurance or related insurance administration experience or training.
- Experience in Payroll database programs helpful.
- Valid Virginia driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Pre-employment drug screening required.
- Physical activity of this position: reaching; standing; use of fingers for – picking, pinching, typing, grasping, talking, hearing and repetitive motion of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Physical requirements of this position: sedentary work – exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects; involves sitting most of the time.
- Visual acuity requirements: close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes; visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned.
This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job, and general nature and level of work associated with the job. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties whose performance may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments such an individual may be given.
Every TAP employee shares in TAP’s responsibility to “Mobilize Community Resources” in support of TAP’s anti-poverty efforts.
TAP hires only U.S. Citizens and lawfully authorized aliens.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Bilinguals Encouraged to Apply