HVRP Case Manager
- Department: This Valley Works
- Posting Date: 9/13/19
- Closing Date: Open until filled
- Salary: $15-$17/hr.
- Code: HVRPCM-TVW
DEFINITION AND PURPOSE:
Perform responsible professional work providing support and assistance to homeless veterans with employment needs in order to assist veterans in overcoming barriers to successful employment.
Supervised by: Assistant Director/Director
Supervises: Interns and Volunteers
Coordinates with: VA homeless shelters, SSVF, VA Cares, social services and other non-profits
- Provides assessment, enrollment and orientation of clients.
- Provides support and assistance to clients to successfully complete training.
- Assists clients in addressing barriers to employment both one-on-one and in group settings.
- Creates and maintains client files ensuring required documentation is present.
- Creates and submits reports as required. Inputs all information and service accurately with the TAP database system.
- Performs follow-up services.
- Creates an environment that fosters a spirit of teamwork with other staff and personnel at This Valley Works.
- Assists with both This Valley Works and agency-wide committees and events.
- Performs other duties as assigned and required by the Program Manager or Director.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in collecting and maintaining records and case files and documenting clients’ personal and eligibility information.
- Able to monitor and evaluate information from case management to assessing clients’ abilities, needs and eligibility for services.
- Ability to maintain assigned budget program expenses, to resolve problems and evaluate program goals and objectives.
- Able to develop, maintain and submit statistical and administrative reports.
- Ability to utilize computer software applications to generate reports.
- Skilled at public speaking.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Experience in any related field with strong customer service, strong interpersonal skills with focus on cultural diversity.
- Experience working with and teaching adults.
- Must have a valid Virginia Operator’s license with a good driving record and reliable transportation.
- Free to travel as necessary.
- Must pass drug screening. Some positions require positive complete background screening including: criminal, sex offender and child protective services.
- Physical activity of this position – climbing; ascending and descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like; stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, use of fingers for – picking, pinching and typing; grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Physical requirements of this position – light work; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently.
- Visual acuity requirements – close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Conditions subject to in this position – worker not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job, and general nature and level of work associated with the job. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties that may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments such an individual may be given.
Every TAP employee shares in TAP’s responsibility to “Mobilize Community Resources” in support of TAP’s anti-poverty efforts.
TAP hires only U.S. Citizens and lawfully authorized aliens.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Bilinguals Encouraged to Apply