Human Resources Assistant
- Department: Human Resources
- Posting Date: 2/17/21
- Closing Date: Open until filled
- Salary: $13.00 - $17.00/Hourly
- Code: HRA-HR
DEFINITION AND PURPOSE:
The Human Resources Assistant will support the Human Resources component with day-to-day human resources functions; provide human resources administrative support and assist with human resources functions for all TAP staff and the public.
Supervised by: Human Resources Director
Supervises: No one
Coordinates with: Human Resources Director, TAP components, HR Staff and the public.
- Keys in TAP 30’s for new hires, status changes and terminations as well as ensure TAP 30’s are given to Finance timely each pay period.
- Assist with new hire paperwork and processes all new hire paperwork timely; setup all background checks, drug screening, health screenings, E-Verify; setup new hire personnel file, ID badges, etc.
- Maintains 24 month application/resume file and shreds any outdated material on a timely basis.
- Logs all resumes/job profiles for jobs at TAP and send to components on a weekly basis. Sends out regret letters to all applicants who were not hired or interviewed.
- Follow and adhere to all processes and deadlines in creating job ads/job postings for TAP
- Completes and ensures that all monthly HR bills/invoices are completed and paid on a timely basis.
- Assists in setting up HR Committee meetings; take minutes and distributes to committee accordingly.
- Provides guidance and support to TAP staff and the public as needed on HR related issues.
- Keys in all new hires/rehires to Virginia New Hire Reporting.
- Sends out Performance Review packets and reminders to all Department Directors 30 days in advance of review due dates.
- Picks up/opens/distributes mail daily – a.m./p.m. mail (Date stamp all HR mail)
- Attends HR related seminars and classes as budget allows.
- Assists in the preparation for TAP Day and any other employee recognition events as needed.
- Assists HR Director with any projects or duties as needed.
- Masks must be worn while conducting TAP business or in a TAP facility
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to multi-task, being able and willing to move from one task to another frequently.
- Ability to create and type correspondence, type reports, and newsletters.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Good oral/written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must exude patience and compassion and have the ability to work with a diverse population.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS graduate or equivalent.
- Some college preferred.
- Minimum of 2-5 years direct human resources experience.
- Experience in human resources computer program preferred
- Valid Virginia driver’s license and have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Physical activity of this position: reaching, grasping, standing, use of fingers for – picking, pinching and typing; talking/hearing; repetitive motion of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Physical requirements of this position: sedentary work – exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects; involves sitting most of the time.
- Visual acuity requirements: close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes; visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job, and general nature and level of work associated with the job. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties that may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments such an individual may be given.
Every TAP employee shares in TAP’s responsibility to “Mobilize Community Resources” in support of TAP’s anti-poverty efforts.
TAP hires only U.S. Citizens and lawfully authorized aliens.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Bilinguals Encouraged to Apply