Housing Case Manager (RMRP)
- Department: This Valley Works
- Posting Date: 5/24/22
- Closing Date: Open until filled
- Salary: $15.00-$17.00/hr
- Code: HCM- TVW
DEFINITION AND PURPOSE:
To assist in administration the operation of the RMRP Program. These duties include the oversight of the eligibility and screening process of very low-income families, reviewing and accepting applications of eligible families and providing counseling to assist the family in establishing a plan to obtain and retain self-sufficiency.
Supervised by: Director TVW
Supervises: No one
Coordinates with: CHRC, Homeless services providers, Community Service Agencies, TAP departments, homeless program, HAT team, COC
- Determines client eligibility, verify and file supporting documentation.
- Maintains impeccable records, case logs, and client notes in adherence with all required documentation.
- Answer incoming calls and schedule appointments with clients needing assistance.
- Refer clients to other sources as needed.
- Meet with clients and perform counseling functions related to needs.
- Helping clients to set goals and form action plans.
- Establish a working relationship with the local continuum of care.
- Performs other duties as assigned and required.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- General knowledge of community resources and supportive services.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and work as part of a team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others, especially disadvantaged persons.
- Particular knowledge of the challenges and needs of people who have experienced homelessness.
- Knowledge and skills related to counseling, housing issues and laws, computer and general clerical skills and effective communication skills required.
- Must be able to assist clients with budget counseling, thus helping clients to implement a budget and conform to it.
- Must be able to use a computer, including software such as the Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to learn HMIS software and track changes in client files through both written documentation and computer software tracking.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or Associate’s degree. Some college preferred.
- Experience in case management, counseling or working with disadvantaged.
- Valid Virginia Operator’s license with a good driving record and reliable transportation.
- TAP is a mandatory COVID vaccine employer.
- This position is available for remote work upon supervisor approval
- Must pass drug screening. Some positions require positive complete background screening including: criminal, sex offender and child protective services.
- Physical activity of this position – climbing; ascending and descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like; stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, use of fingers for – picking, pinching and typing; grasping, feeling, hearing, talking, repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Physical requirements of this position – light work; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently.
- Visual acuity requirements – close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Conditions subject to in this position – worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job, and general nature and level of work associated with the job. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties that may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments such an individual may be given.
Every TAP employee shares in TAP’s responsibility to “Mobilize Community Resources” in support of TAP’s anti-poverty efforts.
TAP hires only U.S. Citizens and lawfully authorized aliens.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Bilinguals are Encouraged to Apply