Food Service Helper/Delivery Driver
- Department: Head Start/Early Head Start
- Posting Date: 7/19/2019
- Closing Date: Open until filled
- Salary: $9.50-$12/hr.
- Code: FSHDD-HSEHS
- Needed for TAP Head Start, 7 hours/day, 6:30 am to 1:30 pm, M-F. Responsible for stocking supplies, food prep, janitorial duties, loading vans, and delivering food in an agency van to child care centers in the Roanoke area. Clean drug test, fingerprinting, criminal background check, valid VA driver’s license, and good driving record required. Must be able to repeatedly lift up to 50 lbs. Food Service experience preferred
DEFINITION AND PURPOSE:
Perform varied food service tasks, including assisting cooks in the preparation of food, food products, serving, packaging of food, cleaning equipment, facilities, washing dishes, pots, containers, silverware, and transferring of stock. Drive and deliver food to centers if requested. Will work under supervision and will be given detailed instructions on assignments that are not routine. Work is reviewed through observation and inspection.
Supervised by: Food Service Manager
Supervises: No one
Coordinates with: Lead Cook and other kitchen staff
- Assists Food Production Supervisor in taking inventory and maintaining stock, as scheduled.
- Assists in preparation of meats, vegetables, fruits, and other foods, daily.
- Cleans floor and packaging area daily.
- Cleans storage (dry), freezers and refrigerators, weekly.
- Carries food to/from stockroom, freezer and refrigerators, daily.
- Cleans kitchen and food service equipment daily.
- Opens food cartons and crates upon receiving.
- Packs food cartons and crates upon receiving.
- Prepares food for delivery daily.
- Prepares food transport containers for packaging/delivery daily.
- Drives van or truck to deliver food to centers as requested.
- Takes out trash, cleans trash containers daily.
- Works as a team member with other kitchen personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned and required.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to learn repetitive tasks quickly.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have a minimum of six months experience in food service operations
- Must have a valid Virginia Operator’s license with a good driving record and reliable transportation.
- Must pass drug screening. Some positions require positive complete background screening including: criminal, sex offender and child protective services.
- Physical activity of this position – climbing; ascending and descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like; balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, use of fingers for – picking, pinching and typing; grasping, feeling, hearing, talking, repetitive motion of the wrists, hand, and/or fingers.
- Physical requirements of this position – very heavy work; exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual acuity requirements – worker must have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle and/or heavy equipment.
- Condition subject to in this position – atmospheric conditions; one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mist, gases or poor ventilation.
This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job, and general nature and level of work associated with the job. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties that may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments such an individual may be given.
Every TAP employee shares in TAP’s responsibility to “Mobilize Community Resources” in support of TAP’s anti-poverty efforts.
TAP hires only U.S. Citizens and lawfully authorized aliens.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Bilinguals Encouraged to Apply