- Department: Head Start/Early Head Start
- Posting Date: 07/23/2021
- Closing Date: Open until filled
- Salary: $11.00 - $15.86/hr
- Code: ES-HS
DEFINITION AND PURPOSE:
The Enrollment Specialist shall assist the ERSEA Supervisor and Enrollment Coordinator implementation of ERSEA (Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment and Attendance) Area. Implements and follows all Head Start Performance Standards, Policies and Procedures shall be followed in accordance with the Department of Health and Human Services and TAP.
Supervised by: Enrollment Coordinator
Supervises: No one
Coordinates with: Early Head Start/Head Start Staff, Head Start Central Staff, Head Start Family & Health Services Staff, and Community Agencies
Recruitment and Eligibility
- Targeting areas for recruitment
- Fill vacancies, and maintains the Head Start waiting list and reviews Head Start applications to ensure that this information is completed.
- Notifies Head Start families of waiting list and selection status via letters and phone calls.
- Coordinates with Enrollment Coordinator to notify eligible families of possible enrollment.
- Maintains full enrollment at all times.
- Know the point system for eligibility
- Works with Enrollment Coordinator in selecting children for participation in Early Head start and Head Start.
- Works with Enrollment Coordinator on ideas for staff trainings.
- Coordinates with Enrollment Coordinator on updating and distribution of recruitment pamphlets, fliers, applications and enrollment forms.
- Tracks 30-day Vacancy deadline.
- Works with Enrollment Coordinator on ideas for updates to application and enrollment forms. Develops work plans and program objectives in the ERSEA component area. Seeks input to review and revise selection criteria annually.
Works closely with Information Technician and Child Plus data system
- Work closely with IT Information system manager
- Reviews and approves all intakes and forwards them to IT
- Knowledgeable of ChildPlus (including entering information)
Training and Technical Assistance
- Acts as resource person and provides training in conjunction with Enrollment Coordinator
Performs other duties as assigned and required.
Assists Coordinator in implementing recruitment process to ensure enrollment.
- Recruit door-to-door in targeted areas to enroll low-income pre-school children, including children with disabilities.
- Places posters and distributes program information fliers in areas frequented by parents of preschool children.
- Participate in community events that place after normal work hours (i.e. evening/weekends for Festivals, Fairs, Community events, etc.).
- Maintain a waiting list of children and pregnant women who have completed the intake process, and are medically cleared to enter the program.
- Notifies eligible families of acceptance into the program.
- Assists the program in maintaining full enrollment at all times.
- Collaborates with teacher/home visitors prior to child’s enrollment.
- Arranges for families to visit the center prior to child’s enrollment.
- Ensures that Family Development files are on site prior to child’s enrollment.
Maintains accurate and current files on all children.
- Ensures that intake packet is completed and accurate on all enrolled families.
- Maintains accurate enrollment, be aware of transfer and withdrawal information.
At the time of enrollment ensures that all children’s health records are current and up-to-date.
- Completes health and nutrition forms upon enrollment.
- Obtains current copies of children’s immunizations and physicals.
- Notifies parents of immunizations concerns at enrollment.
- Submits copy of special dietary need to Food Service Manager as needed and/or contact Physician to obtain mediations or allergy information.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate ability to communicate both orally and in writing with staff, parents, and the community
- Demonstrates ability to develop trusting professional relationships with families.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AS or AA degree in Social Work, Psychology or Health Science or related fields preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in a social services agency.
- Experience working with families.
- Knowledge of ERSEA (Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment and Attendance)
- Gain/Obtain an ERSEA accredited within a year of hire.
- Must have a valid Virginia Operator’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must pass drug screening. Some positions require positive complete background screening including: criminal, sex offender and child protective services.
- Must be capable of completing certification in First Aid and CPR for infants and children.
- Must be willing to adjust work schedule as needed.
- Physical activity of this position – climbing; ascending and descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like; balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, use of fingers for – picking, pinching and typing; grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Physical requirements of this position – medium work; exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual acuity requirements – visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- Conditions subject to in this position – worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- REQUIRED TO WEAR masks with a few exceptions.
This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job, and general nature and level of work associated with the job. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties that may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments such an individual may be given.
Every TAP employee shares in TAP’s responsibility to “Mobilize Community Resources” in support of TAP’s anti-poverty efforts.
TAP hires only U.S. Citizens and lawfully authorized aliens.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Bilinguals Encouraged to Apply