Economic Development Coordinator
- Department: F
- Posting Date: 9/8/2020
- Closing Date: Open until filled
- Salary: $43,000.00 - $48,000.00
- Code: EDC-FS
CLASSIFICATION: Non Exempt
DEFINITION AND PURPOSE:
Support the component’s initiatives through entrepreneurial and business technical assistance, preparation of loan packages, portfolio management and hands-on borrower support ranging from micro-loans to sizable conventional loans. Assist with expansion of business and real-estate development opportunities and plans, coordinating with our real estate development component. Assist our clients businesses in identifying, hiring, training, and retaining low-income individuals to fill positions created through loan funds. [ Additionally, in coordination with the planning component, assist as needed in identify grant-funded opportunities for the component; researches pertinent data; and prepares clear, effective grant applications to public and private funding sources to sustain and expand programs at TAP, focusing on small business initiatives and real-estate development.]
Supervised by: Vice President of Financial Services
Coordinates with: VP of Financial Services
- Promotes, markets, packages and places revolving and other loan funds.
- Responds to customer request in a timely, professional manner.
- Respond to both external and intra- agency referrals in a timely professional manner.
- Evaluates the creditworthiness of prospective clients.
- Prepares timely and insightful credit applications with comprehensive financial analysis.
- Manages the loan approval process.
- Provides ongoing pre- and post-loan technical assistance.
- Coordinates employment and training assistance.
- Interacts professionally with local government officials, businesses, other TAP components, clients, etc., effectively representing the component and the agency.
- Assists with develops appropriate applications and proposals as needed.
- Attends and participates in meetings of advisory groups, committees, boards, staff, etc. in related component focus areas.
- Continues to expand his/her professional capacities.
- Performs other duties as assigned and required.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Mastery of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to meet performance goals.
- Strong financial background
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.A. or B.S. required
- Minimum of two years of demonstrated, effective experience plus knowledge of small business loans and/or other appropriate financial business experience
- Valid Virginia Operator’s license with a good driving record and reliable transportation with insurance.
- Must pass drug screening. Some positions require positive complete background screening including: criminal, sex offender and child protective services.
- This position requires the individual to be in the field and be able to contact the office staff and supervisor; therefore, an agency- issued cell phone is necessary.
This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job, and general nature and level of work associated with the job. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties that may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments such an individual may be given.
Every TAP employee shares in TAP’s responsibility to “Mobilize Community Resources” in support of TAP’s anti-poverty efforts.
TAP hires only U.S. Citizens and lawfully authorized aliens.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Bilingual Individuals Encouraged to Apply