ECHR Program Specialist 2 (Weatherization)
- Department: Energy Conservation and Housing Rehabilitation
- Posting Date: 1/9/2020
- Closing Date: Open until filled
- Salary: $12 - $14
- Code: WT-ECHR
DEFINITION AND PURPOSE:
This position is primarily responsible for providing intake and eligibility services for all the ECHR programs. The ECHR Program Specialist 2 will provide assistance to the ECHR Director in the scheduling of work and coordination of weatherization activities done by contractors and TAP weatherization staff. Perform professional work in the handling of a variety of assignments in the TAP’s various Weatherization, IPR and Emergency Home Repair Programs. Must be able to relate to the general public and possess good communication skills.
Supervised by: Director of Energy Conservation and Housing Rehab
Supervises: No One
Coordinates with: Specified programs, All Other Program Staff, Community Partners, Clients and Volunteers
- Process new client applications; qualify clients in accordance with program income guidelines. Obtain all necessary information and verifications to certify clients for programs.
- Assist with the preparation of job reports, services reports for DHCD and quarterly reports for CSBG for all weatherization programs.
- Prepare and maintain files of weatherized homes for the service area.
- Prepare and submit monthly job reports and invoices to DHCD
- Maintain DHCD database for Job Reporting
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of total cost records for various jobs.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of DHCD quarterly report.
- Assist in monthly production scheduling.
- Assist in materials ordering.
- Process weatherization client calls and other correspondence.
- Prepare and issue public service announcements for local radio and television stations.
- Assist other outreach workers with records and applications for assistance as well as provide information to outreach workers with regard to program changes.
- Provide outreach visits to individuals physically unable to come to office to apply for weatherization services.
- Input all applications in the TAP MIS system.
- Assist Director as needed.
- Work in a team setting and assist the team as needed or directed by the Director.
- Perform other miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the Director.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have excellent clerical skills and possess verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a basic knowledge of program procedures.
- Must have the ability to manage time to ensure all files and MIS data are maintained accurately and up-to-date.
- Must have the ability to recognize work needs, translate those needs to a plan and execute the plan to completion of work.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work independently and in a team environment is an essential component of this position.
- Must have the ability to establish, implement, and maintain an effective working relationship with other agencies, businesses and the general public.
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of contractors and maintenance staff.
- Must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to supervise the preparation of complex statistical and financial reports.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma/GED or similar job training of related type programs.
- Must have a valid Virginia Operator’s license with a good driving record for insurance purposes. Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be free to travel as necessary.
- Must pass drug screening. Some positions require positive complete background screening including: health, criminal, sex offender and child protective services
- Physical activity of this position – kneeling; walking; use of fingers for – picking, pinching, typing; feeling; talking, repetitive motion of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Physical requirements of this position – Sedentary work; exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects; involves sitting most of the time.
This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job, and general nature and level of work associated with the job. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties that may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments such an individual may be given.
Every TAP employee shares in TAP’s responsibility to “Mobilize Community Resources” in support of TAP’s anti-poverty efforts.
TAP hires only U.S. Citizens and lawfully authorized aliens.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Bilinguals Encouraged to Apply