Crew Technician 1 — Energy Conservation and Housing Rehabilitation
- Department: Energy Conservation and Housing Rehabilitation
- Posting Date: 4/19/21
- Closing Date: Open until filled
- Salary: $13-$15/hour
- Code: CR 1
DEFINITION AND PURPOSE:
This person will perform tasks on dwellings to enhance the fuel conservation and reduce heating cost in accordance with DHCD Weatherization Installation Standards.
Supervised by: Operations Manager
Coordinates with: Weatherization Technicians, Crew Leader and other Weatherization staff.
- Performs measures within the work scope. Measures to be performed in compliance with SWS and other funding source
- Works effectively and efficiently to achieve production goals of the program
- Assist the crew leader in providing documentation via pictures, forms and other documentation as required by funding source and ECHR
- Assist the crew leader in the responsibility for tools and equipment, the use and maintenance as well as the orderly return of these items to their designated storage areas
- Follows all health and safety guideline during the performance of work
- Follows instructions of the Crew Leader or assigned Lead Technician in the absence of the Crew Leader
- Assists in the safe loading and unloading of materials, supplies and equipment
- Assist the Crew Leader in providing client education
- Assist Crew Leader in maintaining the production vehicle: mileage logs, fuel receipts, general maintenance checks, and notify Crew Leader of repair and maintenance needs
- Perform Blower Door diagnostics, interpret results and provide feedback on recommended actions
- Perform combustion appliance testing, interpret results and provide feedback on recommended actions
- Perform CAZ testing, interpret results and provide feedback on recommended actions
- Conduct ASHRAE calculations, interpret results and provide feedback on recommended actions
- Perform duties as necessary as the competent attendant for Confined Work Space activities
- Assures the safeguarding of the private property of clients and maintaining courteous behavior at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned and required by Operations Manager or Director
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be knowledgeable in Heating and Cooling Systems, Construction and Carpentry
- Must have experience using various tools and diagnostic equipment, read a tape measure, have basic mathematical skills
- Must possess the ability to understand and follow directions
- Must be able to read and speak English
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Must have completed or be able to complete within 6 months of hire the following courses, Lead Safe Weatherization, OSHA 10, and the Retrofit Installer Technician Course.
- Must have a valid Virginia Driver’s License and able to be insured by TAP and a good driving record is required.
- Must pass drug screening. Some positions require positive complete background screening including: criminal, sex offender and child protective services.
- NO CELL PHONE
- Physical Activity of this position: climbing – ladders to 2nd color and not afraid of roof work, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like; balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling in and under tight spaces (minimum of 18 inches), reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, use of fingers for – picking, pinching or typing; grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motion.
- Physical Requirements of this position: Heavy work – exerting up to 100 lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 50 lbs of force frequently and/or up to 20 lbs of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual Acuity Requirements: Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines, such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades tasks or a non-repetitive nature, such as carpenter, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
- Conditions worker will be subject to in this position: Environmental conditions – inside and outside such as extreme cold and extreme heat, noise, vibration, hazards, atmospheric conditions (fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases or poor ventilation), frequently in close quarters, crawl spaces, shafts, manholes, small enclosed rooms, small sewage and line pipes and other areas that can cause claustrophobia; worker is required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job, and general nature and level of work associated with the job. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties that may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments such an individual may be given.
Every TAP employee shares in TAP’s responsibility to “Mobilize Community Resources” in support of TAP’s anti-poverty efforts.
TAP hires only U.S. Citizens and lawfully authorized aliens.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Bilinguals Encouraged to Apply