- Department: Early Head Start/Head Start
- Posting Date: 5/24/22
- Closing Date: Open until filled
- Salary: $11.00-$14.45/hr
- Code: C-EHS/HS
DEFINITION AND PURPOSE:
The primary function is to prepare and cook food in large quantities for distribution to child development centers. Perform kitchen duties in accordance with the menu and food sanitation and safety protocol. Use professional judgment when necessary. Will work under supervision and will be given detailed instructions on assignments other than routine. Work is reviewed through observation and inspection.
Supervised by: Food Service Manager
Supervises: No one
Coordinates with: Lead Cook
- Prepares food for cooking and serving daily.
- Performs advance preparation for next day.
- Packages food for transport daily.
- Maintains a safe and sanitary working environment at all times.
- Cleans kitchen, equipment and other food service equipment daily.
- Collects food from the stockroom, items to prepare meals daily.
- At the end of each meal, returns any unused food items to the stockroom.
- Carries food to/from stockroom, freezer/refrigerators daily.
- Cleans floor and packaging area as needed.
- Cleans storage (dry), freezers and refrigerators weekly.
- Works as a team with other kitchen personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned and required.
- Required to wear masks with a few exceptions
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to work as a team with other kitchen personnel.
- Ability to communicate with staff in a clear and positive manner.
- Ability to communicate well with others in oral and written form.
- Knowledge of food sanitation and safety principles.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years’ experience as a cook in a large food service operation.
- Reliable transportation.
- TAP is a mandatory COVID vaccine employer.
- Must pass drug screening. Some positions require positive complete background screening including: criminal, sex offender and child protective services.
- Physical activity of this position – climbing; ascending and descending ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like; balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, use of fingers for – picking, pinching and typing; grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Physical requirements of this position – heavy work; exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently; and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual acuity requirements – must have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle and/or heavy equipment.
- Conditions subject to in this position – both environmental conditions; activities occur inside and outside; subject to noise; subject to hazards including a variety of hazards such as proximity to moving mechanical parts; exposure to heat or exposure to chemicals; subject to atmospheric conditions that could affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job, and general nature and level of work associated with the job. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties that may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments such an individual may be given.
Every TAP employee shares in TAP’s responsibility to “Mobilize Community Resources” in support of TAP’s anti-poverty efforts.
TAP hires only U.S. Citizens and lawfully authorized aliens.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Bilinguals Encouraged to Apply