- Department: Planning
- Posting Date: 7/1/18
- Closing Date: Open until filled
- Salary: Unpaid internship
Responsible for assisting the communication specialist in the follow-through of activities related to the comprehensive marketing, publications, and online communications plans of Total Action for Progress (TAP). Interns must be able to work for a minimum of ten hours per week for at least three months.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit a completed application, cover letter, resume, and digital portfolio or writing sample to email@example.com.
1. Helps to develop, produce, and coordinate the distribution of information about TAP and its programs to current and potential clients, funders, and advocates, as well as the community-at-large.
2. Contributes to TAP-wide publications and communication plan, including web pages and newsletters.
3. Coordinates with the webmaster and Information Technology Department regarding web, social media, and e-mail blast communications.
4. Composes press releases and other media communications.
5. Other duties as assigned by the communication specialist, director of planning, or vice president of planning and resource development.
1. Passionate commitment to TAP’s mission.
2. Education or at least one year of experience in communication and/or social media management preferred.
3. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
4. Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
5. Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
6. Ability to gather, retrieve, and interpret information in a timely manner.
7. Ability to be flexible and work well in a team environment.