Center Lunch Aide
- Department: Head Start/Early Head Start
- Posting Date: 5/14/18
- Closing Date: Open until filled
- Salary: $8.22 - $10.09/hr.
- Code: CLA-S-HSEHS
DEFINITION AND PURPOSE:
The primary responsibility is to facilitate food service to Head Start center-based children. Perform various food service tasks, including set up and clean up before and after meals using sanitary food service practices and following Head Start and USDA policies. Works only when children are in attendance unless otherwise requested.
Supervised by: Lead Teacher/Center Supervisor and Food Service Manager Supervises: No One Coordinates with: All Center Staff
- Works as a member of the Center Team to facilitate meal service to all children in the program.
- Orders weekly supplies from central kitchen.
- Maintains a neat, clean, and sanitary kitchen.
- Monitors and records food temperatures daily.
- Maintains food at safe temperatures.
- Portions food into serving bowls for family style feeding.
- Assist in food service to children as requested.
- Checks for and provides substitutions to children with food allergies.
- Cleans and sanitizes dishes and utensils.
- Sweeps, mops, and sanitizes dining area and kitchen daily.
- Requests additional supplies from and reports problems or concerns to the Lead Teacher or Food Services Manager as needed.
- Cleans refrigerators and carts weekly.
- Assists in the classroom for short periods of time to maintain staff-child ratios.
- Performs other duties as assigned and required.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in food service operations preferred.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and perform repetitive tasks quickly.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Willing to attend food sanitation and safety training.
- Ability to work with adults as a team.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must pass drug screening. Some positions require positive complete background screening including: criminal, sex offender and child protective services.
- Physical activity of this position – climbing; ascending and descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like; balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, use of fingers for – picking, pinching, and typing; grasping, feeling, hearing, talking, repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Physical requirements of this position – medium work; exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects.
- Visual acuity requirements – must be able to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- Conditions subject to in this position – worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job, and general nature and level of work associated with the job. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties that may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments such an individual may be given.
Every TAP employee shares in TAP’s responsibility to “Mobilize Community Resources” in support of TAP’s anti-poverty efforts. TAP hires only U.S. Citizens and lawfully authorized aliens.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Drug-Free Workplace Bilinguals Encouraged to Apply.