Case Manager, Intake Specialist (VA Cares)
- Department: This Valley Works
- Posting Date: 8/26/22
- Closing Date: Open until filled
- Salary: $15.00-$16.00/hr
- Code: VCCM- TVW
JOB TITLE: WINGS Case Manager, Intake Specialist
DEFINITION AND PURPOSE:
Responsible for the day-to-day programming, manages participant activities and outcomes of the Virginia CARES program and collaborates with other community action agencies and area human services programs. Maintains effective program operations and relationships. Provides direct services to participants for Virginia CARES program.
Provide professional service to participants as “first face” of the program. Manage data entry and report submissions for the office in a timely manner.
Supervised by: Service Site Program Director and Central Office Chief Operations Officer/Deputy Director
Coordinates with: Service Site Program Director
- Assess participant needs, develop action plans for assisting participant in acquiring needed skills and training, and refer participant to appropriate resources.
- Monitor each participant’s progress in achieving action plan goals by meeting regularly with participants, reviewing staff observations and reports, collaboration with other agencies.
- Facilitate individual and group counseling sessions and educational workshops.
- Interview participants, maintain participant data and files, and prepare reports.
- Assist participants in obtaining support services and coordinate these services with other agencies.
- Provide crisis intervention services.
- Work in collaboration with Department of Corrections and other government/ community offender services.
- Assist participants with housing needs and compile an active temporary/permanent housing bank.
- Assist participants in obtaining appropriate identification documents.
- Assist participants within approved transportation requirements.
- Provide financial literacy training and debit-based banking assistance to participants when applicable.
- Share information concerning activities and issues in locality which affect the community.
- Disseminate information to prisoners on community organizations, agencies and individuals providing supportive services.
- Attend meetings and training deemed necessary by Virginia CARES.
- Meet or exceed all program goals for specific service site.
- Performs initial intake and enrollment of program participants.
- Enters participant information in Virginia CARES database.
- Provides information and referral services to participants and prospective participants.
- Assists other staff with groups and classes.
- Compiles program reports for review by other staff in time to meet established deadlines.
- Provides general office coverage including, but not limited to, answering telephones, greeting visitors and prospective program participants.
- Attends all trainings and meetings required by Virginia CARES program.
- Perform other duties as assigned and required.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- General knowledge of community resources and supportive services.
- Individual and group counseling skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others, especially disadvantaged persons and those who have mental illness, addiction, and/or domestic violence issues.
- Particular knowledge of the challenges and needs of offenders and ex-offenders.
- Experience with offenders and ex-offenders helpful.
- Excellent organizational skills and leadership ability.
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer literate. Knowledge of computer data entry required.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in case management, counseling and working with persons challenged by substance abuse, addiction and/or mental illness.
- Training and experience in leading groups preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Valid Virginia Operator’s license with a good driving record and reliable transportation for insurance purposes.
- Able and willing to travel.
This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job, and general nature and level of work associated with the job. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties that may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments such an individual may be given.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace