Administrative Assistant — Finance
- Posting Date: 4/6/21
- Closing Date: Open until filled
- Salary: $15.00 – 16.00/hr.
- Code: FAA – FC
DEFINITION AND PURPOSE:
Manage the Finance Office under the direction of the CFO. Performs a variety of administrative and light bookkeeping duties in support of the CFO and Finance Department
Supervised by: CFO
Supervises: No One
Coordinates with: Finance and administrative staff, component directors and managers.
- Works closely with the CFO, Finance Staff , and program directors
- Assists with Board Presentations and Finance Committee meetings.
- Responsible for allocating administrative costs for postage, copier costs and telephone bills.
- Oversees agency petty cash
- Oversees Agency Bus Pass and Gift Card inventory for various programs.
- Manage the flow of all mail to the CFO’s office
- Answering the phone in his/her absence or if occupied and taking messages (including answering voicemails)
- Preparing Finance Payment vouchers for submission to Accounts Payable.
- Working with CFO to set up for, prepare agendas for, and notifying Finance Committee or others as necessary of meetings or any critical correspondence.
- Assist CFO in preparing written communications as requested and maintaining files of such communications. However, the CFO will handle most of his/her written communication.
- Assist the CFO in recording minutes and overseeing all communication for the following meetings:
- Finance Staff Meetings
- 401k committee meetings (Quarterly)
- Finance Committee Meeting (Monthly)
- Serving as backup to the Agency Receptionist as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Requires analytical thought process.
- General Bookkeeping Skills
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with financial software package.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Must have good organizational, record keeping and telephone answering skills.
- Thorough knowledge of standard office operating practices and procedures.
- Ability to plan, layout, and conduct clerical operations involving transactions requiring accountability and accuracy.
- Thorough knowledge of business English and math.
- Ability to type accurately at a reasonable rate of speed.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information and other agency records.
- Accounting or business management degree preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Excel, Word, Outlook experience
- MIP Sage software experience preferred.
- Must pass drug screening. Some positions require positive complete background screening including: health, criminal, sex offender and child protective services.
- Physical activity of this position: use of fingers for – picking, pinching and typing; talking; hearing.
- Physical requirements of this position: sedentary work – exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Visual acuity requirements: requires close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection.
- Conditions will be subject to in this position: the worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job, and general nature and level of work associated with the job. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties that may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments such an individual may be given.
Every TAP employee shares in TAP’s responsibility to “Mobilize Community Resources” in support of TAP’s anti-poverty efforts.
TAP hires only U.S. Citizens and lawfully authorized aliens.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Bilinguals Encouraged to Apply