- This event has passed.
May 26 @ 9:00 am - June 2 @ 12:00 pm
Join us for our Y.A.L.E. course beginning May 26, 2020! This course will run for one week, from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
What is Y.A.L.E.?
Young Adult Life Enhancement (Y.A.L.E.) helps past or present court-involved young adults, ages 18-24, become self-sufficient, engaged citizens. Participants are paid while they learn valuable life skills and earn certifications.
What does Y.A.L.E. offer?
Y.A.L.E. offers its participants:
- Customer service and sales certification
- Access to additional certifications, such as CNA, ServSafe, and more
- Job-readiness skills
- Paid work experience and/or apprenticeships
- Community-based service learning projects
- Assistance acquiring a high school diploma or GED
- One-on-one mentoring
- Weekly stipend of $125
- Life skills training
How to apply
You can pick up an application for this course at:
302 2nd Street SW
Roanoke, VA 24011
Mondays and Thursdays 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Tuesdays 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Please bring two (2) of the following forms of identification:
- Social security card (Required)
- Birth certificate
- Copy of photo ID/driver’s license
- Green card/passport
The following documents are also required:
- Criminal justice involvement verification
- Proof of address
For more information, contact us at 540.767.6387.