- This event has passed.
Youth Employment Program Enrollment: April 1-31
April 1 @ 9:00 am - May 10 @ 5:00 pm
Y.A.L.E., one of our Youth Employment Programs, is currently enrolling for their next course beginning April 26, 2021.
What is Y.A.L.E.?
Young Adult Life Enhancement (Y.A.L.E.) helps past or present court-involved young adults, ages 18-24, become self-sufficient, engaged citizens. Participants are paid while they learn valuable life skills and earn certifications.
What does Y.A.L.E. offer?
Y.A.L.E. offers its participants:
- Customer service and sales certification
- Access to additional certifications, such as CNA, ServSafe, and more
- Job-readiness skills
- Paid work experience and/or apprenticeships
- Community-based service-learning projects
- Assistance acquiring a high school diploma or GED
- One-on-one mentoring
- Weekly stipend of $125
- Life skills training
How to apply
You can sign up for this course at:
Roanoke Higher Education Center
108 North Jefferson Street, Suite 513
Roanoke, VA 24016
Signups will begin on 4/1, from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., and will run until May 10.
Please bring two (2) of the following forms of identification:
- Social security card (Required)
- Birth certificate
- Copy of photo ID/driver’s license
- Green card/passport
The following documents are also required:
- Criminal justice involvement verification
- Proof of address
For more information, visit our Facebook page or contact us at 540.797.3683.