- This event has passed.
Homeless Veterans Stand Down: Oct. 17, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
October 17, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Join us for a day of free fun, food and support, as well as hope, understanding, and gratitude for those who served at this year’s Stand Down event.
When & Where:
October 17, 2022 • 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Salem Civic Center
1001 Roanoke Blvd., Salem, VA 24153
- Employment opportunities
- Benefits counseling
- Legal counsel
- Housing information
- Health screenings
- Community resource referrals
- Hot meals
- And more!
Shuttle service will be provided to and from the following locations on the day of the event:
- PRRC (2124 Patriot Circle)
- Salvation Army (724 Dale Ave. SE)
- Rescue Mission (402 4th St. SE)
- VA Medical Center (VAMC) (1970 Roanoke Blvd.)
- Ram House Day Shelter (824 Campbell Ave. SW)
You can help spread the word about this event by sharing our event page on facebook!
This event is sponsored by: Salem VA Medical Center, Total Action for Progress, the Department of Labor, and the Virginia Employment Commission.